Sunday, May 3, 2009

The good and the bad

Let us start with the bad.

Griff's Hamburger, located on 742 S. Broadway. According to some, there are comparisons to In-N-Out. The Drive-thru was looking busy which indicated that perhaps these burgers are kind of a big deal. The menu had your normal everyday burger (but thin patties like In-N-Out) along w/ sides and a variety of shakes. David and I got the Double Double type meal and substituted soda for vanilla shakes. I was excited that the shake was really thick and delicious. The fries were hot and fresh from the deep frier. I was already thinking in my head that I would recommend them...until I had the burger. I don't like tasting the essence of a cow when eating. Yes it should taste like meat but I felt as if I were eating the remains from the slaughter house. This was truly disappointing as I LOVE burgers. I'll even finish the burgers that Wendy's will mess up. This time, a burger was left behind.

Here's the good part:

Boulder Cafe on 12th and Pearl. They have a great happy hour--1/2 off all draft beers, house wine, margs and select appetizers. Favorites include the Spinach and Asiago dip, cheddar cheese fondue, chicken wings, shrimp, and calamari. I'd especially like to recommend the Angus beef sliders that I had on Saturday. It restored my faith in the American burger once again.

Alas, all is well in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment