Monday, April 27, 2009

Good and Not so Good Ideas, Denver

Good Idea:
Emilio's Superchef Mexican Restaurant, Margaritas 4 pm-close, Thursday thru Sunday for $1.75. I'm no tequila snob but I had no difficulty enjoying these pint-sized babies and even less trouble getting drunk off of two.

Not So Good Idea:
Being too tipsy to fully enjoy my always delicious Steak Bowl with yakatori sauce, white rice and add on veggies from Tokyo Joe's. I did somehow manage to eat all the edamame out with chopstiks, so Margaritas must not kill all fine motor skills.

Good Idea:
Getting a pedi-cab ride to Liploss to get my hipster dance moves on. Drinking a delicious drink titled "Pink Pussy."
~Not so Good Idea:
Arriving after 10 PM, thus having to fork over $6.

Not so Good and Good idea:
A large buffet of Italian food for brunch at Cinzetti's. I conqured eating 4 different forms of potato in one sitting (mashed, rosemary roasted, hashbrown and soup), it's a tie between the mashed and roasted for the best. Disappointed by sub-par pastas. Annoyed to the possibe point of no return by fellow diners. Ate tasty tiny creme puff that was completely worth excruciating food baby pain that was to follow.

Good Idea:
Sunshine Cleaning at the Mayan (probably my favorite movie theater in Denver).

Not so Good Idea:
Dinner at Sputnik. The BLT is very tasty but no matter how often you ask to add the add-on avacado it never seems to show up with it on it. The sweet potato fries were ok but nothing to write to mom about. Also probably had the worst waitress in recent memory. Being hipster is one thing but it shouldn't translate to crap/lazy waitress. "Uhm excuse me miss, I know you're super busy rubbing up on your boss behind the bar but we've been finished eating for about 20 minutes and were wondering if it would kill you to let us pay you, since obviously you aren't going to offer to get us another drink?" Perhaps I'll sit at the bar from now on.

Good Idea:
Iced Coffee with Caramel from Fluid

Good Idea:
Relaxing in the Colorado sunshine with friends at Cheesman Park. The grass is already in loungeable condition. Do apply that sunscreen and watch out for ghosts as it was formerly a cemetary.

3 comments:

  1. Sara's Blog Addendum (as she also participated in the weekend)

    Good: Fending off hunger at Emilios to have a beter dinner at Tokyo Joe's. Having not eaten the food, I cannot judge...but it looked like it was shuttled over from Taco Bell and therefore I don't have really high hopes for it. Plus: get there early in summertime, there is a patio!

    Not so good: I am always inappropriate at Tokyo Joe's, no matter what.

    Good: Picking up fashion tips at Lipgloss. I will wear a feather headband next time.

    Not So Good: Must research the going rate for pedi-cabs. The drivers won't tell you. Also, the inevitable descent into techno that happens around 12:30 at Lipgloss.

    I second Kristen's opinion of Cinzetti's; we simply lack the self control although we are very good at buffet strategy.

    Not so good: How lame Albuquerque looked in Sunshine Cleaning. Otherwise, the Mayan was lovely as always and the movie was fab.

    Good: Cuban Pork Sandwich at Sputnik, almost good enough to make me not hate the sub par service that is what one can generally expect.

    Good: Fluid, for sure. And the Mystical Fern foam art that the barista put on my latte. I should have taken a photo.

    Good, good, good: "Shopping" for old houses in Cheesman Park neighborhood, Colorado sunshine that gave me a sunburn on my nose on Sunday. I don't even mind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the bar is definitely key for good service at Sputnik. Also, the white fries with sweet habanero jam is my new favorite for consistent deliciousness.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't eat at Cinzetti's anymore. I just can't. Say what you will about the food - there's a lot of it. But the people... that is one place I can't help but be a snob. Be happy you didn't eat at Emilio's, unless you want Swine Flu. As for the scenesters at Sputnik ... I guess you get what you pay for. I do, however, enjoy their Monday nights of $1 Miller Lites and Bingo for free concert tickets.

    Next time you guys come for a little Cheesman action, let's have a blog meeting at Fruition. I'll write it off as a business expense.

    ReplyDelete