Friday, April 24, 2009

Albuquerque here I come!

Booked flight/hotel for my trip to beautiful Albuquerque NM this morning.

Front desk clerk: "Would you like a mountain view or a city view from your room?"

There are mountains in Albuquerque? Wtf?

This led me to wonder what else there is about this city I don't know. I'm gonna be there for three whole days - plenty of explorations time.

So, dear readers, I am soliciting your advice. If you comment here and tell me what to do in the desert, I promise I will, to the best of my abilities, attempt to try it. And take photos. Because right at this moment the only thing anyone has suggested is that there is a really awesome lesbian bar. Hm.

5 comments:

  1. Albuquerque has beautiful mountains! If you ever have the chance to drive there instead of fly, it's a *gorgeous* trip; I drove from Boulder to there to check out UNM for grad school, and it was just yayful.

    I have no useful advice about stuff to do, though, sorry!

    Samantha

    ReplyDelete
  2. You could buy a kokopelli for your living room.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you like Mexican food in Denver, you'll hate Mexican food in New Mexico.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I HAVE a kokopeli you can have for your living room! I went to the symphony in Albuquerque and it was wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. um... albuquerque is one of the worst cities in america. everything closes by 9, and people still go cruising....

    ReplyDelete